We’ve got a plethora of activities on the docket for August:
Saturday, August 2 – Sales Seminar
Where: Emerald Room, 4th floor Emerald Downs
When: Saturday, August 2 at 1 pm
Who: You and whomever you’d like to bring. No need to RSVP, just show up.
What: Our presenters are will be covering the following topics:
- Types of Auctions
- What to Expect at the Sale
- Resources Available
- How to Read a Sales Catalog Page
- Evaluating Conformation
- Sales Incentives
- Question & Answer
Saturday, August 9 – Bus Trip – Sales Prep Farm Tours
Where: Meet 8 am at WTBOA Sales Pavilion located at the North End of the Emerald Downs Property. You can park your car there for the duration of the day. This is also where the Yearling Sale takes place and they will give a brief tour of the Sales Pavilion upon your return on the bus.
When: Saturday, August 9, starts 8 am, bus will be back for the afternoon’s races.
Who: Bus is full! Thank you to all that RSVP’d.
The bus will be leaving Emerald Downs at 8 am.
- 1st Stop – Blue Ribbon Farm 9:00-9:45 am – Stallions and Broodmares will be shown. They will be seeing their offspring at the sale and at the track.
- 2nd Stop – Griffin Place 10:00-10:45 am – Demo on getting a sale horse to walk/stand, showing a sale horse. Bathroom facility on site.
- 3rd Stop – DiPietro Thoroughbreds 11:00-11:45 am – Eurocising demo. Bathing/grooming demo. Bathroom facility on site.
- 4th Stop – El Dorado Farms 12:00-12:45 – touch base on reading a catalog and showing them confirmation points on sale yearlings, stallions and broodmares will possible be shown, offspring will be seen at the sale and at the track. Bathroom facility on site.
Then back to the track for lunch and the races.
Will Brewer and Darrin Paul will be MC’ing the bus ride. Waters will be provided on the bus. Emerald Downs will be providing lunch upon your return to the track.
There will be snacks (cookies, juice, coffee) at various farms throughout the morning.