Opening weekend is Saturday, April 18 and Sunday, April 19.
We have organized a little orientation, Emerald Ed and…wait for it…party!
Who: You! (and a guest)
What: Emerald Racing Club Orientation, Emerald Ed & Party
When: Sunday, April 19, begins 12 noon
Where: Emerald Room – 4th Floor Emerald Downs (take either elevator from the first floor lobby)
- 11:30 am – Check-in
- 12 noon – Orientation
- 1 pm – Emerald Ed – Emerald Downs’ Dir. of Publicity, Vince Bruun, and Jacob “the professor” Pollowitz will be giving a crash course on how to read the form, handicap, and watch a race. The added bonus: they will be using Charlie Thomas’ last race.
- 2 pm – Party will transition to the View Room (right off the Emerald Room) with free Clubhouse Seating.
- 2:15 pm – Live racing starts!
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Buffet laid out in Emerald Room
- The Emerald Room and View Room are reserved for Emerald Racing Club all day so you are free to float in and out as you wish.
No cost for Emerald Racing Club members and guest. If you have additional guests you’d like to bring, they may join you for the party. Additional tickets will be $20 and can be purchased at the door. BUT – you need to email me by Wednesday, April 15 (email@example.com) so we can account for food.
Reminder: You must be licensed by Sunday, April 19. You’ll need to show your license in order to receive your Emerald Racing Club Lanyard.
For those of you that came in but did not yet receive your physical license, those are being mailed to you tomorrow and should arrive before next weekend.
Can’t make it?
Don’t worry, I will post a recap of the Orientation here on the blog for those unable to attend.
Additional questions? Post in comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.