Archie Graham arrived at Emerald Downs at 5:30 am this morning.
He appears to be in good health, although a bit on the thin side. Sharon will work on putting together a diet designed to put on some additional pounds.
He’ll go to the track in the coming days and we’ll have a better idea of how he is adapting to the dirt surface.
He’s a quirky horse with a playful personality. He was particularly fond of having his forehead scratched. Video below (visit www.emeraldracingclub.com to view video, won’t play in email).
Orientation and Kick-Off Party
Opening weekend is Saturday, April 9 and Sunday, April 10.
We have organized a little orientation, Emerald Ed and…wait for it…party!
Who: You! (and a guest)
What: Emerald Racing Club Orientation, Emerald Ed & Party
When: Sunday, April 10, begins 12 noon
Where: Emerald Room – 4th Floor Emerald Downs (take either elevator from the first floor lobby)
- 11 am – Archie Graham to train on the track (tentative)
- 11:30 am – Check-in
- 12 noon – Orientation
- 1 pm – Emerald Ed – Emerald Downs’ Dir. of Publicity, Vince Bruun, and Jacob “the professor” Pollowitz will be giving a crash course on how to read the form, handicap, and watch a race. The added bonus: they will be using Archie Graham’s last race.
- 2 pm – Party will transition to the View Room (right off the Emerald Room) with free Clubhouse Seating.
- 2:15 pm – Live racing starts!
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Buffet laid out in Emerald Room
- The Emerald Room and View Room are reserved for Emerald Racing Club all day so you are free to float in and out as you wish.
No cost for Emerald Racing Club members and guest. If you have additional guests you’d like to bring, they may join you for the party. Additional tickets will be $20 and can be purchased at the door. BUT – you need to email me by Wednesday, April 6 (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can account for food.
Reminder: You must be licensed by Sunday, April 10. You’ll need to show your license in order to receive your Emerald Racing Club Lanyard.
Can’t make it?
Don’t worry, I will post a recap of the Orientation here on the blog for those unable to attend.
Additional questions? Post in comments below or email me at email@example.com.