Archie will train Sunday, April 10 at 10:45 am. To watch him train, come in the main admission gates, walk straight out to track level to the track apron (where the benches are).
I will be there standing on a bench and will point him out when he goes by. He’ll also be wearing the green and white checkered saddle towel for the Club.
Orientation and Kick-Off Party Details:
Who: You! (and a guest)
What: Emerald Racing Club Orientation, Emerald Ed & Party
When: Sunday, April 10, begins 12 noon
Where: Emerald Room – 4th Floor Emerald Downs (take either elevator from the first floor lobby)
- 10:45 am – Archie Graham to train on the track
- 11:30 am – Check-in – We will have racing programs, so no need to purchase one
- 12 noon – Orientation
- 1 pm – Emerald Ed – Emerald Downs’ Dir. of Publicity, Vince Bruun, and Jacob “the professor” Pollowitz will be giving a crash course on how to read the form, handicap, and watch a race. The added bonus: they will be using Archie Graham’s last race.
- 2 pm – Party will transition to the View Room (right off the Emerald Room) with free Clubhouse Seating.
- 2:15 pm – Live racing starts!
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Buffet laid out in Emerald Room
- The Emerald Room and View Room are reserved for Emerald Racing Club all day so you are free to float in and out as you wish.
No cost for Emerald Racing Club members and guest. If you have additional guests you’d like to bring, they may join you for the party. Additional tickets will be $20 and can be purchased at the door.
Reminder: You must be licensed by Sunday, April 10. You’ll need to show your license in order to receive your Emerald Racing Club Lanyard.
Can’t make it?
Don’t worry, I will post a recap of the Orientation here on the blog for those unable to attend.